Tuesday, September 1, 2009

it's time for a change















Autumn is right around the corner. The other day I noticed Halloween candy in the aisles at the grocery store. Soon Christmas will be massed produced. We will be bombarded with the glitz and glitter of the season. All of this reminded me of how I am trying really hard not to eat candy.I actually almost drowned myself in a mountain of candy earlier this year after I finished chemotherapy.
I am making healthy choices for my life feeling better than ever before.
The other day, a friend of mine told me that I have actually made such headway in my efforts in bicycling. As an avid cyclist, that means a lot. especially since I haven't been able to ride in almost two years because of my poor health that I have had. FYI to those who are just getting into my blog. I AM A COLON CANCER SURVIVOR. My goal is to stay healthy and to continue to be fit and trim. so with all of that and a
little bit of an imagination I decided that I would write about trim. Trimming, gimp, cord on tape, tassels and tie backs are all about the detail that is given to our interiors.it is this attention to detail that give our rooms, furniture, pillows and drapery excitement and power.

Passementerie or passementarie is the art of making elaborate trimmings or edgings (in French, passements) of applied braid, gold or silver cord, embroidery, colored silk, or beads for clothing or furnishings.

Passementerie worked in white linen thread is the origin of bobbin lace, [1] and passement is an early French word for lace.[2]

Modern passementerie includes the gold braid on military dress uniforms, the elaborate trims on used on some lampshades and draperies, and for decorating couture clothing and wedding gowns.

Fringe and tassels are categorized as forms of passementerie

Get trim, stay healthy and add a little detail to your life.

love, john

No comments: