Friday, April 24, 2009

another room i could live in.



Yesterday while I was uploading images for my blog I had forgotten one. OOPs! CHEMO BRAIN. I can say that because I just simply forgot. But it is getting better. Soon I will be able to claim "ditsy blonde" or just simply "quirky". Those names are simply fine with me. But with all blondes we are more aware than we let on.There is a sharp mind under all of that yellow hair. Ha! ha! ha!
OH! this is an interior design blog. sorry I was digressing.
In this room, I mentioned the Fornasetti pillows. Although these designs were created in the 1950's. They look very modern and fresh for today's home. the Le Corbusier leather sofa with the metal frame is a classic. The pottery on the side table is reminiscent of Jonathan Adler's pottery. With a little colour and a few more graphic details like a stripe, this would be the perfect room in which i could live quite happy.

Charles-Édouard Jeanneret-Gris, who chose to be known as Le Corbusier (October 6, 1887 – August 27, 1965), was a Swiss-French architect, designer, urbanist, writer and also painter, who is famous for being one of the pioneers of what now is called Modern architecture or the International Style. He was born in Switzerland, but became a French citizen in his 30s.

He was a pioneer in studies of modern high design and was dedicated to providing better living conditions for the residents of crowded cities. His career spanned five decades, with his buildings constructed throughout central Europe, India, Russia, and one each in North and South America. He was also an urban planner, painter, sculptor, writer, and modern furniture designer.

have a great day!

john

No comments: