Friday, June 19, 2009

the makings of a delightful and cozy night



















The pictures above are my inspiration for today. I think they would look wonderful in a room with pale warm gray walls. The dim light of a crystal chandelier above would dance across glossy black doors and moldings. There would be an off white slip covered sofa with basket weave silvery grey pillow shams for lounging. Also I think it would be great to have a mixture of mid century modern pieces with other casual contemporary pieces.The manuscript pages from old Japanese books would be wallpapered on the walls of a small bathroom. I think I would silver leaf the ceiling to reflect the light.
The simple shapes combined with the neutral palette would have a visual ambiance that would bring a smile to any one's face. Although void of vivid colour each piece tells a story to the owner. I imagine a burst of yellow and orange flowers in a vintage glass vase. I could see myself sipping a chilled glass of white wine listening to the summer rain splattering on the window sill nearby. It sounds like a happy room. A room full of vivid imagination waiting to tell another story.
take care,
john

No comments: